Friday, November 21, 2008

Differences in Pregnancies

When I was pregnant with Canon, all I ever heard was that every pregnancy was different and everything was normal during pregnancy. So, here is a run down of the similarities and differences in my 2 1/2 pregnancies.

First pregnancy:
  • I got sick (threw up) sporadically and only for the first 12 or 13 weeks. Then, I did not get sick at all.
  • I gained about a pound a week starting at 4 weeks. :(
  • My face and whole body were a little swollen.
  • Canon moved a ton and I could always see him moving across the front of my belly.
  • I needed a lot of sleep.
  • My hair got really thick.
  • I sat around a lot.
  • I read every book, magazine, website available that talked about pregnancy, birth and newborns.
  • Delivered two days late via Cesarean section.
  • Had a 9 lb baby boy.
Second Pregnancy:
  • I got sick very sporadically throughout my whole pregnancy.
  • I gained 26 lbs on D-day.
  • I stayed pretty small, though my face did swell a little.
  • Boaz moved a lot, but he always made me feel motion sick because he was punching my organs.
  • If I took a nap in the afternoon, I had a hard time falling asleep at night.
  • I played with Canon a lot and sat around a little.
  • My hair thickened up quite a bit.
  • I tried to keep up with "Your Pregnancy week by week." But often lost track of what week I was on.
  • Delivered three weeks and 2 days early with a 4 hour labor.
  • Had a healthy, 7 lb 2 oz baby boy.
Third Pregnancy:
  • I have not been sick at all, though hugged the toilet once for good measure.
  • I've gained about a half pound a week.
  • I feel like I am still pretty small, my face still looks normal and I can still see some muscles in my arms.
  • I have felt the baby move for the last few weeks.
  • I am functioning with about the same amount of sleep as I needed with Boaz.
  • I am not sitting around much at all!
  • My hair is falling out like it is summer time.
  • I rarely know what week I am  on or what is going on with the baby.
  • I thought my due date was 4/4, the doc moved it to 4/17, the ultrasound said it was 4/11.
  • We are hoping to VBAC a baby GIRL sometime in April!

10 comments:

Maya said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Brittany said...

YEAH!! ITS A GIRL! How exciting!!!

badger girl said...

A GIRL!!! YAHOOOO!!! :) Congrats! Hugs, Claire

Ashley said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure you are super happy to add a baby girl Duck!!!

Leatrice said...

Congratulations!!

Lisa said...

A girl!! How exciting! Yeah!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!! How very exciting!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!! Congrats! I can't wait to hug you!

Cathy said...

You are going to have one spoiled little girl with two big brothers and Albert around!! That is just great!! You need another girl in the house with you. I'm very happy for you!

60 toes said...

Congrats!!

Leatrice said...

oh and do you have an ultrasound pic to post? I wanna see a cute baby girl :)