Monday, January 5, 2009

Crazy Days

Life has been pretty crazy in the South these last few weeks. The country song "What Was I Thinkin'" keeps coming to mind. We started out with a 15 hour car ride with an almost one year old, a 2 1/2 year old, a pregnant woman, her dad and a dog. If that wasn't crazy enough, we came into a week of over 70 degree weather with only long sleeves, pants and one pair of flip-flops. What was I thinking? Furthermore, I have managed to maintain a grain or two of sanity while being in a house with three dogs 60 lbs or bigger, one 25 lb. dog and four dogs 10 lbs or smaller. Let's just say that chaos is reigning. 

My mom and dad went away for a weekend and I ran the show.......... or kept everyone alive. Mom left again for my aunt's heart cath and I managed the home again. I have to admit that it is a bit much for me to handle. 

My sister has also been here with her new baby, but I have not had to do much for her.

I am looking forward to heading home next week and trying to establish our "normal" routine again.

No comments: