Saturday, February 23, 2008

Military Wife survey

I received this survey through "myspace" today and thought it would be a great way to start out this blog.

1.How long have you been a Military Wife?3 years and 3 months

2. How many deployments have you gone through?Several, none have been longer than a month, but we've had a couple gone for a month home for two weeks.....that will be changing soon

3. What do you like about being a Military Wife?Nothing is jumping out at me.....but I love supporting my husband supporting our freedom

4. Do you live on base?Yep, it's the safest place to live around here

5. What is your favorite base so far?Vance AFB in Enid, OK-mainly because of our friends there

6.What's the hardest part of the military life?having to be so flexible and not being able to plan anything

7.Do you go to the grocery store or commissary?commissary of course

8. Do you prefer Dress Blues or Dress Whites?whites

9.Do you have a lot of Military Wife friends?yep, I hardly have any friends who are not military wives

10. Do you prefer wal-mart or the BX/PX?Target, wal-mart never has what I want and the BX doesn't have quality stuff here

11. So how did your Husband propose?I went over to his house, actually his friend Joe's house, to pick him up and bring dinner to my friend who was pregnant and on bed rest. When he opened the door, he bear hugged me and walked me backwards to a chair sitting in the living room. He proceeded to wash my feet and read me Proverbs 31. Then he popped the question!

12.Did you marry him after he joined or before?After, he was already committed to 8 years after he got his wings when I married him.

13.How long have you two been together?4 and 1/2 years

14. Any kids yet?Two little boys

15. Any kids yet to come?Hopefully so, we are talking about looking into adoption for the next little one, then having a couple more of our own....we'll have to see what God has planned

16. Is your husband one of those (I am army hear me "HOOAH"/ I am Marine Corps hear me "OOHRAH") kind of guys?nope, he works hard and is a great leader, but he can separate himself from the military for a little while

17.Have you ever done combatives with your husband?nope

18. How many bases have you lived at?Three together, he's been stationed at four and was at the first base when we met

19. If you could change one thing about the military what would it be?If they could give me six months planned out at a time, and not change it, I'd be happy

20.Do you like military balls?We haven't been to one yet

21.Where does your family live?Mine is in Pensacola and Louisiana. Albert's family is in Colorado and Texas

22.Do you have a job?full time defender of the home front

23. Have you ever gotten in a fight with a CPO's wife?we call them COWs, and no.....that would not look good for my husband

24. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone?My heart skips every time the phone rings, hoping it's him

25.Do you think other wives do that too?yep, I'm pretty sure they

Hopefully this will give you a little glimpse into the military world, if you are not already a part of it!

No comments: