Monday, January 3, 2011

Spare Time

Also known as: Time when I should do something productive, but choose to do something creative instead. After snapping pics of all the things I've made recently, I realized that I've squeezed in more craftiness than I realized. And I just remembered that I forgot one item. Maybe it will come later.

So, here's what I've been up to:
I made the hat on the left using the one on the right as a pattern. It's a little big, but it works and was a pretty quick sew!
B Turned 3 in December. Once I found the pattern for this cape, I could not resist making it for him! The boys play "Narnia" daily and he needed a King Edmond cape for his adventures.
All of my littles will have these pants by spring, but B received them for his birthday. They are really big and roomy. Perfect for wild boy play and another super easy sew!
^I saw the birthday banner, above, on Made by Rae and thought it would be a fun way to celebrate B and make our home a little birthdayish along with all of the Christmas decor. I sewed the felt together, but I think Rae hot glued hers. I am hoping this banner will last for several birthdays!

v I just thought this picture was really cute and had to share it with you!
^ I don't have a picture of the finished product, but these are crayons that I melted down, let harden and turned into heart shaped crayons. I first saw this here. They are going to be a gift for O for her second birthday.
O received her stick horse, Strawberry, for Christmas. She is the only one who was given a toy from us this year. I make each of them a horse for the Christmas they are closest to two years old. I had Albert make the stick shorter for her and she loves it! The littles were galloping around the house this afternoon. A very inexpensive and quick sew and so much fun!
My mom taught my how to knit and this is my first project. Please do not look too closely as I think there is an error on every row, but I did enjoy it and hope to get better with time and practice.
My second knit is a snowball. It is not as round as it looks in this picture, but it is very soft and perfect for throwing at each other. I think I will make a few more so we can have "real" snowball fights. This is as good as it gets in the south!
This is my latest project. I started and finished it today. That is amazing these days!
It's a floor quilt for CJ. This is half of it.
I saw the fabric on the back (the stripes) at JoAnn's and really wanted to use it on something. CJ loves to be with people, but he really likes to be on the floor these days. We have M.OPS tomorrow and I usually keep him with me. I thought a nice big, colorful blanket would be a great thing for him to hang out on. And here it is! This is the first quilt that I have been creative with and quilted entirely on my own. I am really excited about it and hope it holds up through it's first wash. That is the true test of it's usefulness!
Last, but not least, I've been growing these littles. They sure are getting big!

So, what have you been up to?

3 comments:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Did you add that last line just to taunt me? :)

You are amazing! All of your projects are just fantastic! Love the hat- I wouldn't know a mistake if I saw one! O will love the heart-shaped crayons! SO FUN!!! And how fun for her to have her own stick-horse! You are so good!! Glad you enjoy it!

Leatrice said...

wow you certainly have been busy! Good job, they're all so cute! I've been wanting to try those tie shirt thingys as gifts...awesome work you've done. Oh and I LOVE the birthday banner, adorable!

Lisa said...

Great job on all of these! You are so talented. Love the birthday banner! May have to copy that idea sometime.