Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dog Whisperer

For those of you who have been to our house in the last two years, you know that our little Piper dog is extremely hyper. While I was staying at Aunt Karla's house, she introduced me to the "Dog Whisperer." Now, I think he is a little off in some of his beliefs, but his theory seems to work. He says that we, the humans, have to be the pack leader and that all dogs have to be number two. Also, we have to treat them like dogs and not like children or therapist. Piper has shown great improvement already. Even though there is no oxygen in the air here, I can take her for a walk and talk and breath along the way! That is much different then this time last week. Also, if I take one step towards her and tell her to sit....she obeys. She is even laying down either on the carpet or right by my feet during meals! No more stealing food from Canon. (See previous post about how well that went over.) I am enjoying her even more now that she is so submissive and not stubborn towards me! It looks like we might have a great dog after all!

No comments: