Friday, June 6, 2008

Wind

I have moved several times in my life, and there is always a list of things I miss about the place I have just left. Oklahoma City wind will not be missed! It has been extremely windy here for the last few days. After the third day, I decided that if we did not go for a walk in the wind, we might never walk again. And out the door we went. It was horrible. While walking with the wind, I felt like I had no control over the stroller. While walking against the wind, I thought we might take flight at any moment. Recycling bins were flying down the street. I wanted to stop them, but with a double stroller who's brakes do not hold tight, and a dog who is afraid of being hit by a bin, I was able to do little good. Once we got home, I had to shower again. I could feel the dirt in my teeth and my body would not cool off.

Then, to make things even better, severe weather rolled in for the evening. Oh, I like that even more than the wind! I felt sick to my stomach and just wanted to put my head in the ground and let it all go away. That is not the best approach being the only one in the house who can make any decisions to protect us.

Well, obviously we survived, but I am hoping another storm will not blow in for another 16 months...........only 16 months to go.............only 16 months to go.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You make me laugh!! Addison says "don't blow away" every time we step outside lately! I thought of you last night. I feel the same as you about storms, they scare me. Since Travis was gone, I went to the Voth's for the entire evening to ride out the storm. Made me feel much better.

Hope you have a good weekend and don't blow away!!