Monday, July 14, 2008

Still here.....

So much has happened since my last post, I am not sure if I should give a quick over view or start fresh.... Well, for those of you who are curious, I'll give a BRIEF overview. I hope you enjoy it.

Albert got home from supporting the war on terror on June 12th. We had a small group of friends greet him at the airport and our home was decorated for a party. We were so happy to see him! That was on a Thursday. The following Tuesday we took our first family flight to Pensacola, FL. The boys were amazing travelers. Albert and I sat across the aisle from each other on one flight, which was pretty fun. We traded boys during our layover, and the one I had slept on each flight. So, Albert wanted the opposite for the return flight. Our trip was jam packed and went by way too fast. We were able to visit with a few close friends and were able to see a little bit of my extended family. We also got to dip the boy's toes in the Gulf! It was a little strange to go to the beach with my family. I used to go there looking for a guy to drag down the aisle and force to have a family with was much more relaxing this time around!

We flew back home the next Tuesday, the 24th, and brought my brother, Ryan, home with us. Later that same day we took the plunge into parenthood and bought a van. I will not call it a "mini-van" because it is more like a a luxury car! And yes, having two children certainly makes you a parent, but a van really cashes in your cool card! I still refuse to wear "mom jeans" though. I have to stay "cool" in some area of my life.

So, we got home on Tuesday and bought the van. On Wed. Albert became a real student and we finally got him a laptop. On Friday we drove up the Nebraska for a "boy's weekend". We were loving our van then! At one point, near Wichita, there were three Honda's all in a little clump. I told Albert that we should have a sign saying something about being a part of the same club.....haha, I know, don't say it!

After a very short trip, we headed home on Sunday, stopped by our house in Enid, and crashed back to our corner of the world. Albert went back to work on Monday and has been crazy busy ever since. As I mentioned, he has started his first seminary class and we are both learning a lot. He is also working on becoming qualified for a new role in the aircraft, which is causing him to fly quite a bit. And tonight they are having a small issue with the jet and will be spending the night away.

The last month has really been crazy. Canon has fully recovered from his black eye and is now enjoying trying out new tricks on his bunk beds. Bo had his 6 month apt. on July 1 and only gained 6 oz. since his 4 month apt. We used formula for a little bit, but we are both doing well again. Did you know there are 120 calories in the chicken and chicken gravy baby food? And it is just a little jar!!!

My big "activity" for the week is that I got the house clean today! This is no small feat with an eight year old, almost two year old and six month old boy running around. But, it feels great to have it done. I guess that's all for now and I'll try to do better, but no promises.

No comments: