Thursday, December 11, 2008

Please Pray

In regards to my Recovering and Jumping post, things are starting to unfold. We are on the eve of Albert's deployment and I am on the verge of tears. Some people say that you just get used to it, but I haven't yet. I so enjoy having my husband home and hate the hours and weeks and days we are apart. This time will really be hard. Canon has needed a lot of extra Daddy Time the last few days and is not happy when Daddy goes to work or anywhere else that Canon can not go. We will not be a whole family for Christmas or Boaz's first birthday. Albert will probably miss Boaz's first steps. Ugh, the list goes on...... 

Another topic on my mind is my sister's induction. She went to the hospital at mid-night to be induced. The started her on pitocin after getting checked in and there she waits. Last that I heard she was dilated to 3 cm. I am not sure what to think about all of this and have determined that holding my tongue is the least sinful approach at this pointe.

In addition to this medical situation, my dear Nan is having some issues with her heart. She is having a heart cath done on Wed. and has some other medical concerns to note. 

Please keep both of these women and our family in your prayers. The next couple of months will be a bumpy ride. I do know that God is working all of these things for His glory and honor and praise and I pray that we will praise HIM in this storm.

    

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Robin,

This is Kerstin's sister-in-law, Melissa. I wanted to introduce myself and let you know your blog was an encouragement to me last week when I was having a rough time in the midst of taking care of the boys (my son and my sister's son)...I was so disheartened, but I could identify with some of the ups and downs you've written about, and it reminded me I am not alone in this challenging journey of motherhood.

I saw that our children are very close in age! Nathanael is just 8 days younger than Boaz, and our newest little one is due in late March, so I'm 25 weeks along.

Anyways, most importantly, I will definitely be praying for your growing little family, and for your extended family. My heart is with you during this time!