Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pregnancy Update

"Pregnancy Brain" is something that I claim from the first knowledge of pregnancy through the first few months post-pardom. I certainly am dealing with it now! I seem to have missed an entire week of pregnancy. All last week I was thinking that I still had one good week of reclining and propping my feet up. I think I even told a few people that I would be 29 weeks last Friday. Well, yesterday I looked at the ticker on my blog and found that it says I am 30 weeks. I quickly opened my calendar, while laughing, and found that it also says I am 30 weeks. Where did my 29th week go???? Now I have to start my exercises and should lean back anymore. I was prepared to indulge myself for another week before getting to work and starting to feel a little tense and nervous. 

The exercises I do are not intense, they are just to hopefully help Ducky3 face the correct way. I will do whatever it takes to help this baby face the right way, so if you have any tips please leave them in my comments! Back labor is not my friend and now that I am more knowledgeable, I will avoid it if at all possible. 

I have been thinking the last couple of weeks that when I hit 30 weeks I will start worrying/preparing for labor and actually allow myself to think about it. Now that 30 weeks has jumped in my lap, I am nervous! I don't think I want to go through labor and delivery! Ducky3 seems to think she can climb out through my hip bone or belly button and I am sure that would be easier! I just have felt very panic stricken the last couple of days. I have on my calendar to pack my bag at 34 weeks and also install the car seat, but obviously I need to check my calendar a little more often! Also, I could always be 32 weeks right now if my original due date is correct. Ahhhh, it's coming so quickly!

Ok, I will calm down. I do have a few fun pregnancy newbies to share with you. I think I have a bit of a pregnancy rash. I have not had this previously, so I'm not certain this is what I have, but I do have extremely dry patches of skin and it is quite annoying! Also, I think I've experienced a bit of "round ligament" pain. Whatever the pain was, I hope it doesn't come back! With two toddlers to chase after, the less the pain and discomfort, the better! Ducky3 has decided she would like to put her feet in my throat and hold onto my hips. I feel her movements around the outside of my belly. I don't see or feel much around my belly button. I'm hoping this means she is facing the correct way, but we shall see! 

My stats update is as follows: I am currently 2 inches smaller than when I delivered Boaz, weigh what I weighed at 27 weeks and 4 days, but I started out smaller this go around. As for my pregnancy with Canon; I weigh the same as I did at about 20 weeks and my belly is about the same number of inches around for weeks pregnant. So, I guess I am gaining the inches similarly to Canon and the pounds similar to Boaz. I always have a max weight that I don't want to see on the scale, but I think I'm going to pass it this time. With Canon I went 4 pounds over and with Boaz I was right on. Maybe if I ate a little less chocolate it wouldn't be so difficult to stay under the line!

I have an appointment tomorrow, so I'll try to update all of my stats again. I am pretty sure my uterus has grown a lot in the last few weeks, so maybe she'll tell me that my first due date seems correct! In that case I'll be packing sooner!

1 comment:

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Well I got it working! Strange... Good to hear the update!! I'm glad you're doing so well. I LOLed at your pregnancy brain! YOu're so funny!