Thursday, March 26, 2009

Daily Digest 1

Things have been a little crazy around here. Here's a little run down of what all we've been up to. I think I'll try to give you a brief update for the next few days, at least until everything settles down. So, here's the first one.

Olivia had a very rough first night at home. From about 11-3 she wanted to snuggle or eat or just have some interaction. Yesterday morning I took her to a doctor's appointment. The pediatrician in the hospital wanted her weight and bilirubin to be checked. The nurse weighed her in at 7 lbs 15 oz. (Later this number seemed to be wrong) Her bili number was 13.1. Nurse Adrian called and said we would have the bili lights brought out to our house. Just for the record, I hate these lights. So, they were set up last night around 6:00 and our little beauty has been tanning her backside ever since. The nurse who set up the lights weighed Olivia, and she was 7 lbs. 6 oz. This morning she was weighed again and her weight was 7 lbs 6 oz again. The nurse did another blood draw this morning, and we should receive the results any time now. Until her bilirubin number goes down, she will be strapped to the lights as much as possible. This is helping us establish a routine, but I hate leaving her on it all the time! I guess we'll just have to make up for lost cuddle time when she gets better.

Boaz got sick in the hospital and has been sick ever since. He is very grouchy during the day and took a very short nap yesterday. We are waiting for him to start feeling better. Boaz was not sure what he thought of Olivia when he first met her. He seemed to be thinking, "What is that? We don't need another one." Since then, he has warmed up to her. He'll walk over and touch her with one finger and give a big smile. This is much sweeter than his first reaction.

Canon is also very sick and grouchy. He loves his baby sister "ibia" and asks about her often. He enjoys checking on her and turning her lights on and off. When Canon first met her, he gently touched her head and could not stop smiling. He offered her a cheerio and has been very loving ever since. He received a big boy bike for becoming a big brother again (Boaz will get his soon) and he loves riding it in the house and outside. It is parked next to Daddy's bike, which Canon thinks is pretty cool!

I have been doing pretty well. My fever broke Monday morning and I have been feeling a bit better each day. My coughing has subsided a bit, but picks up right when I lay down for bed. I have been pumping some, to help Olivia get better quicker, but nursing is going pretty well too. She just is so sleepy that I want to have some idea how much food she is getting.

Albert is the only one who is not sick. He is doing an awesome job of taking care of all of us. I'm so thankful for him!

Here are a few pics to hold you over until the next time!



1 comment:

Leatrice said...

awww that's so cute! I love how Canon offered her a cheerio! It's adorable! I hope you're all feeling better soon. What was her second bili number?