Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Update

Here are some of the things that have been happening with the Ducks. This weekend, my brother-in-law and a friend of his laid a patio for us. It is awesome! They worked very hard and made every brick level! I can not thank them enough.

Widdle, Waddle and I have been spending a lot of time outside. On Monday, I mowed the lawn while Widdle was awake so that he could enjoy the lawn mower. He pushed his own lawn mower around the back yard for a while. When I was in the yard with him, mowing, he was a little afraid of it and kept a good distance. He still can not stop talking about the mower though.

The boys and I, mainly I, have also been working on some flower beds. It seems like I can keep full plants, bought from the store alive. I have also been working on some seeds and bulbs, which are breaking through. But, my plants that have been transplanted are not doing so well. I'm not sure what I'm missing, or what the trick is...but hopefully I figure something out soon. We have some pretty little flowers all over our yard, so I thought I'd pull some up and move them to the flower bed.....they are all wilted. My friend gave me a few plants from another friend's garden......only one looks good. I harvested some bulb type flowers from my neighbor's yard (no-one lives there).....they are looking pretty shady. Hopefully all of these plants will perk up quickly, it's so fun to see them thrive.

Mr. Waddle is back to sleeping all night! Albert had a couple of nights where he worked from 7 pm to 7 am. So, we set about making Waddle sleep all night. He did pretty well for about 3 nights in a row. Then decided he'd like to be awake again. Now, he is back to sleeping all night. He is sleeping better than Widdle! If both boys slept until after 7, I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

Waddle had his 4 month check up today. He weighed in at 14 lbs. 1 oz. and a little over 24 in. long. He is still in the 50th percentile. I just looked it up and Widdle was 16 lbs. 4 oz. at this age. It is crazy how much of a difference 2 lbs. makes in a baby. I am thankful that Waddle is a little smaller. My arms are looking pretty good from lifting an almost 30 lbs little boy and 14 lb. baby!

I think I gripped about mail order in a previous post....well, our new bedding is in. I was hesitant to open the box because the color description said "Moss." I did not recall moss being anywhere in the comforter I ordered. So, a couple of hours after the boys went to bed, I bit the bullet and opened the box. Thankfully, it was the right comforter and it is awesome! It's so comfortable and pretty. I like looking at my bed now!

I think that's all for now. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the crazy weather!

No comments: